Jointly developed by the ICD and Rotman School of Management, the DEP is the only national director program in Canada that bears the seal of the director community itself. This 12-day course is taught by leading governance experts and has been specifically designed to help directors serving on private and publicly listed for-profit boards, along with those directors on large Crown and large not-for-profit boards who are planning to serve on for-profit boards. The DEP allows experienced directors to build on their experience, fine-tune their skills around the boardroom table, and meet the objective of creating and protecting value for their corporations.
Completion of the DEP is the first step towards obtaining the professional ICD.D designation granted by the Institute of Corporate Directors.
The Directors Education Program is offered nationally at the following business schools:
- University of Alberta School of Business
- Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University
- Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
- Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University