- Application form, current resume and application fee (non-refundable application fee of $500 plus applicable taxes). Please note:
- For ICD members the application fee is waived.
- For non-members, a $500 non-refundable application fee (plus applicable taxes) is required. Payment of the application fee must be received by the ICD before an application will be considered for admission. With your application for the ICD Diversity Scholarship, you will receive a complimentary one-year ICD membership (Value of $395).
- Cover letter that addresses eligibility criteria. The letter should address the following:
- Your director experience and executive career experience in relation to corporate governance issues, including such things as work on mergers and acquisitions, large capital projects, CEO successions/replacements, strategic initiatives that had significant impact on the organization, or involvement with board committees;
- Why you are interested in the program, what you hope to get out of the program, and what you think you will bring to the program that will add to the classroom learning experience of others in your city/session;
- Your diversity and how you feel that your specific diverse background would be an asset in the boardroom and what you think you will bring to the program that will add to the classroom learning experience of others in your DEP session; and.
- The nature of your financial need and why funding for the DEP cannot be provided by your employer, your board and/or through your own personal resources.
- Two letters of recommendation. Applicants are required to provide letters from two independent, senior referees that attest to the experience and character of the applicant and the applicant's ability to contribute positively and knowledgeably to the group dynamic of the DEP. (Please see application form more details.)
Scholarship applicants must select one city for which they are applying to and are encouraged to review all DEP dates for that particular city. The ICD reserves the right to place scholarship recipients into any available program for their city of choice.
For more information, please contact Maureen Finlan at 1-877-593-7741 Ext. 248 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Potential applicants that are unsure if their mix of board experience and executive experience is suitable for admission to the DEP are encouraged to consult with the ICD's Director of Professional Development to discuss their eligibility (please e-mail email@example.com to request a consultation).