Understanding and fostering partnerships with Indigenous communities has become integral to sustainable and socially responsible project development. Boardroom directors play a pivotal role in steering organizations toward successful collaborations while navigating the intricacies of project financing.
Discover essential insights empowering directors to maximize the board’s impact in fostering Indigenous partnerships and securing crucial project financing. Led by industry experts and thought leaders versed in Indigenous engagement and financial strategies, this session aims to equip directors with the knowledge and tools to:
- Understand the importance of fostering respectful Indigenous partnerships in project development.
- Explore economic opportunities through collaboration with Indigenous communities, including resource access, innovative financing, and sustainable development.
- Learn best practices to manage risk mitigation and compliance in Indigenous partnerships.
- Gain insights into financial models and funding mechanisms for projects with Indigenous partnerships.
- Recognize Indigenous partnerships' role in driving climate strategy and a net-zero future.
Click here to sign up for the Chapter Zero Canada Bulletin to stay informed on the latest developments in climate governance in Canada - a valuable resource for board directors looking to stay ahead of the curve and make strategic decisions with climate considerations in mind.
CEO at ESG Global Advisors.
Âsokan Generational Developments; President, Athabasca Indigenous Investments
Director, Community and Tribal Relations, Avantus; Director, Apollo Silver Corp
President and CEO
First Nations Bank of Canada
Chief Sustainability Officer, First Nations Major Project Coalition; Director, CIBC, Hydro One; Chair, First Nations Ltd Partnership; Member, Indigenous Advisory Council, CN