The Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) is a not-for-profit,
member-based association promoting the effectiveness of Canadian
directors and boards.
To be the pre-eminent organization in Canada for directors in the
for-profit, not-for-profit and Crown corporation sectors.
To represent the interests of directors — to foster
excellence in directors to strengthen the governance and performance of
Canadian corporations and organizations.
Our goals are to:
- Be the recognized voice of directors and boards in Canada.
- Be an organization that is valued by its members, volunteers, staff
and other stakeholders.
- Deliver the highest quality education to make directors as effective
as possible through formal education, continuing education and
- Provide a forum for directors to network and share learning
- Support directors in their career advancement.
“As the importance of effective governance continues to grow,
the Directors Education Program experience is a welcome route to
understanding the best standards in governance.
The combination of course material on the latest tools and approaches
coupled with the vibrant interaction of classmates, faculty, and subject
experts, all with a breadth of experiences, develops better Directors
who will serve all stakeholders of companies, institutions or any entity
that desires leading-edge thought on the topic.”
– Rob G. Sobey, Lawtons Drugs Ltd.
Graduate of the 23rd Toronto Directors Education
Find out more about the Director's Education Program.