The ICD honours the outstanding leadership and contributions of directors in Canadian boardrooms who exemplify the highest standards of governance and are deserving of recognition as Fellows of the ICD.
Fellows have earned the respect of their peers for their professionalism, integrity, and knowledge, as well as their demonstrated track record of outstanding boardroom leadership across multiple organizations.
The high standards for selection of For-Profit awards will equally apply for Fellows being principally recognized for excellence in governance in NFP’s. This particular recognition acknowledges governance and leadership in NFPs, as distinct from philanthropic efforts.
The following criteria are guidelines for nomination as a Fellow of the ICD:
- Leadership and stewardship
- Accountability to stakeholders
- Contributions to governance
- Relationship with the CEO and board/management
- Organizational effectiveness and enhancement of the board