As climate change continues to have far-reaching impacts on businesses and societies in Canada, corporate directors have a critical role to play in addressing climate-related legal risks as they steer their organizations toward a more sustainable future.
This webinar will provide a comprehensive overview of the evolving legal and regulatory landscape impacting climate oversight, empowering directors to navigate the complexities and capitalize on the opportunities presented by the transition to a low-carbon economy. Participants will benefit from practical guidance on how directors can integrate climate legal considerations into their decision-making processes, the latest legal developments impacting net zero commitments and how boards can protect their organizations from future litigation risk as they role out their climate change transition strategy.
Key topics covered Include:
- Understand the latest legal developments and reporting frameworks related to climate-related disclosures, including recent ISSB climate-related disclosure standards.
- Gain insights into the evolving understanding of fiduciary duties in the context of climate change oversight.
- Explore the role of director and officer insurance in mitigating legal risks.
- Discuss the legal landscape surrounding climate litigation and potential liabilities for boardrooms.
- Examine emerging legal best practices for effective climate oversight.
Don't miss this opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the legal landscape surrounding climate oversight for your board as you transition to a net future. Register today and hear from industry experts and legal practitioners at the forefront of climate governance.
Click here to sign up for the Chapter Zero Canada Bulletin to stay informed on the latest developments in climate governance in Canada - a valuable resource for board directors looking to stay ahead of the curve and make strategic decisions with climate considerations in mind.