Patrick B. (Pat) Carlson
Founder Kiwetinohk Resources
Pat Carlson graduated from the University of Calgary in Chemical Engineering in 1975. He has worked in various engineering and management roles in the Alberta energy industry since then.
Since 1998 Pat and partners have built five different private equity-financed, start-up companies. Among these was Seven Generations Energy Ltd., a tight, rich gas developer. The most recent company, Kiwetinohk Energy Corp. is an energy transition company aspiring to produce electricity and hydrogen from solar, wind and natural gas energy.
Pat is honored to be the recipient of numerous industry awards including:
• Schulich School of Engineering, Distinguished Alumni Award for Leadership, 2019,
• Canadian Petroleum Hall of Fame, Inductee, 2018,
• Alberta Chamber of Resources, Resource Leadership Award, 2017,
• Grande Prairie Chamber of Commerce, Business Citizen of the Year, 2016,
• Schulich School of Engineering, Canadian Engineering Leadership Award, 2013,
• Lloydminster Oilfield Technical Society, Oilman of the Year 2008 and
• Twice honoured by the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards, as a Regional, sector finalist for North American Oil Sands and as Regional sector winner for Seven Generations Energy Ltd.
Pat served several private companies and two publicly traded companies as a director.